Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wastin' Away Again in "Fres-quila-ville!"

No, I am not hammered.  I just happened to add my fun new drink's name to a popular Jimmy Buffett song. 

I created a new drink last night.  No major story behind it except a random thought that popped into my head that went a little something like this:  "Tequila is good.  Grapefruit soda is good.  Odds are in my favor that if I combine them, they'd taste good together."  Like a mad scientist, I gathered my beakers (ok, cocktail glasses), pipettes (straws), and lab goggles (sunglasses) and tested my hypothesis.  (Side note:  How many of these drinks do I have to "test" before my hypothesis is accepted as a valid theory, and how many do I have to drink before my theory is considered a fact?)

Fresca is the most popular grapefruit soda on the market (hence the drink's name), but you can also use some of the amazing new organic, no-sugar-added sparkling beverages, such as Izze's

This drink is tasty, but I've gotta be responsible and mention that it goes down smooth and it's easy to drink fast.  If you try these and get tanked and act stupid, don't say I didn't warn you.

Fres-quila

1 shot clear tequila
splash maraschino cherry juice
6 oz. grapefruit soda
maraschino cherries, to garnish

Pour the tequila and maraschino cherry juice in a stemless martini glass or tumbler.  Pour in the soda and stir until blended.  Garnish with maraschino cherries skewered on a cocktail pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment