Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My New Kitchen!

Folks, it's been a hectic few weeks! I moved into a new apartment, which means getting used to a brand new kitchen. I finally unpacked all my kitchen items, and last night I christened the new kitchen with a quick dinner featuring sauteed salmon alongside leftover saag paneer.

While it is definitely going to take me a few weeks to get used to cooking in a new kitchen, this space has one major plus that my last kitchen did not have - open space! My old kitchen was separated from the dining room and living room by a wall. Although there was plenty of counterspace, the kitchen felt cramped when friends congregated in the kitchen while I cooked, and there was no seating. My new apartment features an island with chairs, and it is open to the dining room so friends can sit at the table as well. I can socialize while I cook!

The only thing I have left to do is to buy a bottle of champagne. It is my belief that one should ALWAYS have a bottle of champagne chilling in the refrigerator, because you never know when life will give you a reason to celebrate.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment