Monday, January 30, 2012

Marinated Salmon with Lemongrass & Mint

I’ve really slacked on posting lately, and I've mentally exhausted every conceivable excuse to sit on my ass and watch the replay of this weekend's NHL All Star Game.  I can't justify going another day without sharing with my readers, so I’ll give you a simple, quick recipe - no backstory, no history, no flowery description, just a wonderful, health-conscious recipe that requires under 10 minutes of prep time. Enjoy!


Marinated Salmon with Lemongrass & Mint

1 lb. wild salmon fillet, skin removed, sliced ¼” thick across the grain
¼ c. thinly sliced red onion
¼ c. Boston Olive Oil Company Lemongrass Mint White Balsamic Vinegar
1 t. coarse kosher salt
1 t. cracked black peppercorns


Combine all the ingredients in a large, nonmetallic bowl with a lid. Secure the lid tightly, shake vigorously, and let marinate for 4-24 hours in the refrigerator, shaking occasionally. Serve cold, either on a dramatic black serving plate, or on a bed of looseleaf lettuce.

If you are not comfortable with the idea of eating uncooked fish, you can lightly steam or lightly broil the fish for an equally delicious dish! 


2 comments:

  1. Hil, did you really eat a pound of raw salmon to test this recipe? I don't think I could do that lol. Also I don't have a dramatic black plate, can my white ikea plate with a flower design suffice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in one sitting! Actually, I make pretty small portions of most of my experimental recipes, then I double or quadruple them for my posts. And as far as serving goes, this would taste just as good eaten out of a Solo cup with a plastic fork...just wouldn't look as pretty!

      Delete